"...a presentation with a hard-hitting video demonstration which re-enforced Bryan's words well. The extinguisher training was hands on and really useful to understand how they work and feel. I think we are much better prepared now in the event of fire but very aware of the size of fire we are able to tackle with extinguishers and the speed in which it can grow..."
To provide employees with the necessary basic understanding of fire and fire procedures to assist the organisation with its legal obligations. The course is designed to provide a very cost effective way of training your staff with the minimum disruption to your work.
This course meets the minimum requirements under the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005, but organisations who wish to benefit from a greater understanding of fire and fire prevention, and training in the use of extinguishers on live fire, should consider the Fire Awareness course.
Who should attend:
All employees as part of their induction or continuation training. (Staff with specific duties in the event of fire should attend the Fire Warden course)
At the end of the course the student will:
- Be able to identify the elements of combustion;
- Understand the methods by which fire and smoke travel and the associated risks;
- Be able to take appropriate action when resonding to a fire alarm;
- Undertake their roles in any existing evacution procedures
- Be introduced to a number of fire preventiion and risk control measures to reduce fire risk;
- Have an understanding of fire classification and the selection of appropriate extinguishing media*.
- Elements of combustion;
- Fire and smoke travel in a building;
- Assessing the risk ;
- Responding to the alarm;
- Introduction to fire prevention techniques;
- Classes of fire and fire extinguishers*.