This course is for staff with a designated responsibility as fire warden or fire marshal, and provides the skills and confidence that will allow them to carry out their duties relating to fire safety and emergency procedures. The number of fire wardens that your organisation requires depends on the building design and use. In addition you should train extra staff to cover for holidays and illness.
Who should attend:
Staff with designated responsibilities in the event of a fire
At the end of the course the student will:
- Be aware of the risk and dangers of fire;
- Have an understanding of how firespreads;
- Be aware of basic fire prevention measures and how they relat to the work place;
- Understand what to do in the event of a fire alarm operating;
- Be able to distinguish between differet types of extinguishers and classes of fire;
- Be equipped and prertake the role of a fire warden.
At the end of the course students will:
- Be aware of the dangers of fire;
- Understand the nature of fire and how it speads;
- Be aware of of how to ensure existing fire safety prevention measures are maintained;
- Understand what to do in case of a fire and their role in the emergency evacuation plan;
- Be able to distniguish bewteeen different types of extingusiher and its use.
- Be confident to tackle* small fires using a LPG Fire demonstrator;
- Be equipped to have a full understanding of their role and their importance in maintaining work place fire safety.
* This will only be included on request frrom the client and subject to a risk assessment
Bespoke Course Content:
Bespoke versions of this course will be developed to address the particular fire safety risks presented by individual environments and organisations.
Certificate: A certificate is provided confirming attendance